Skip to Main Content
Navigated to Institutional Policies.

Institutional Policies

College Regulations

Students should be aware of the following regulations:

  • Students may not have personal or business mail or telegrams addressed to them at the college.

  • The college cannot deliver messages to students except in cases of grave emergency.

  • If a student has a visitor, a visitor’s pass from the Office of Student Services is required.

  • Students are required to present proper identification (Hunter ID Card) upon the request of any college official.

  • The college does not provide a check-cashing service.

  • No student or outsider may use any part of the college buildings (including bulletin boards) for soliciting or selling any merchandise without written permission from the dean of students, or operating a business for personal gain within the college..

  • No student may be a self-appointed representative of the college.

  • Only service animals may be brought onto the college campus.

  • The use, possession and/or distribution of hallucinogenic drugs, barbiturates, amphetamines, narcotics and other dangerous drugs is prohibited by law and therefore by college regulations.

  • Only wine and beer may be served at student sponsored functions. A representative of the sponsoring group must be present at the bar to assure compliance with the minimum drinking age.

Disclaimers and Statement of Rights

Notice of Possible Changes

The Board of Trustees of The City University of New York reserves the right to make changes of any nature in the academic programs and requirements of The City University of New York and its constituent colleges. All programs, requirements, and courses are subject to termination or change without advance notice. Tuition and fees set forth in this publication are similarly subject to change by the Board of Trustees of The City University of New York.

The course descriptions in this catalog summarize the full, official descriptions authorized by the Hunter College Senate. Full descriptions are available in the appropriate school and department offices. Hunter College reserves the right to change rules, policies, fees, and curricula without advance notice.

Freedom of Information Law

Request to inspect public records at the college should be made to the Records Access Officer.  FOIL requests may be sent by email to:

FOIL requests via regular mail should be sent to: Records Access Officer, Hunter College, Office of Legal Affairs, 695 Park Avenue, Rm. E1705A, New York, NY 10065

To submit a FOIL request electronically, visit CUNY’s FOIL Records Access Center.