The Health Professions Education Center (HPEC)
The Health Professions Education Center (HPEC) is an academic learning center serving all students and faculty at the Hunter College Nursing and School of Health Professions. A variety of comprehensive support services and programs are offered at the HPEC to enhance student academic success, retention, and completion rates by applying best practices and addressing student learning needs from multiple pedagogical perspectives. Our services are designed to develop critical thinking, reinforce practice of clinical skills, and foster a supportive, professional environment for student collaboration and scholarship.
The HPEC combines traditional approaches to teaching with new instructional technologies that reflect the dynamic nature of all health professions. Services at the center include:
· Access to the largest collection of health-related videos and instructional media within CUNY.
· Computer-aided educational software and virtual training technologies.
· Access to state board testing preparation programs.
· Technology support at the Hunter College Brookdale Campus.
· Beta testing and evaluation of new instructional media.
· Faculty consultation for research and classroom media integration.
· Development and administration of e-learning initiatives, online testing, and digital content.
· Individual and group study support.
· Simulation laboratory support through the New York Simulation (NYSIM) Center.
Faculty and students from all Hunter College schools and departments are always welcome to view the many resources available at the HPEC.
Director: Martin Dornbaum; Mezzanine floor, Brookdale West Building; (212) 481-5129, firstname.lastname@example.org; Evening Supervisor: Peter Marquez; email@example.com
The center maintains regular office hours throughout the academic year, Monday-Thursday 9AM-9PM and Fridays 9AM-5PM.